Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter

It is always interesting to me how we have this massive build up to Christmas. Weeks and weeks of it, but when it comes to Easter there is nearly  nothing until we are right on top of it...and then it's over.

I was hoping to do a Lenten calendar like I did one for Advent, but alas, good intentions aren't good enough. I've done more than last year but not as much as I wanted to. Still there's another few days and I've downloaded this 3 lesson study(http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=28660&it=1) on Jesus' last hours on earth,  plus jotted down some other ideas for us to do.

Last year we had a passover meal with some family and it was an amazing experience. I encourage everyone to try it. I might post later what we've done.

For now, I'll leave you with the lyrics of this beautiful song: How deep the Father's love for us by Stuart Townend

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


May you all have a blessed and meaningful Easter.

No comments: