Saturday, September 4, 2010

TOS Review - Time 4 Learning






Disclaimer:
I recently reviewed this homeschool product from “Time 4 Learning”. You can visit their website by clicking on the image above.

They provided me with an 8-week subscription to their website for review purposes in exchange for my honest, personal opinion. I received no other compensation.

You can also see what my fellow TOS reviewers thought about it HERE.



Come on kids .... it's Time4Learning.

"Hooray!!!   Yesssss."... were two of the common responses I eagerly received. First I thought I was delusional, but no.... it was their voices from their mouths!!  Isn't it great when your homeschooled children react like this to their work?

If their enthusiasm and instant obedience at this request wasn't enough I even heard at times their pleas as they begged me.... : "Mummy, can we go on Time4Learning? PLEEEAAASSSE".  Oh the exhilaration....

You too can experience this!

Time4Learning is an online curriculum that can be used as part of your  homeschool curriculum or use it after school if you have kids in school.

It is aimed at all the kids from grades K - 8.  ... like a all-under-one-roof kinda education mall....

OK, so by now you might have guessed that we did not mind reviewing this program :)

Unfortunately life has been very busy in our home so we haven't had the chance to make use of all the amazing features of this product, BUT the things we've done the kids have loved!!

"What are the features?" you might be asking... Here are a few... but I'll be giving you a nibble only so you can go and see for yourself by clicking HERE!  he he (Cruel chuckle)


  • Online Curriculum for PreK to 8th Grades
  • Access to 3 Grade Levels of Lessons
  • 1,000+ Student-Paced Multimedia Activities
  • Language Arts, Math, Science & Social Studies
  • Interactive, Project-Based Activities
  • Detailed Reporting for
    Easy Record-Keeping
  • Lesson Plans & Teaching Tools for Parents
  • Lessons Correlated to State Standards

There is a Parent Forum HERE, which I unfortunately did not get the chance to use but was hoping to.

My children enjoyed sitting in on the other's sessions. They both really enjoyed the language arts. It is funny, interactive and kept their attention.

My boy said when I asked what he liked about Time4Learning...:"The doing ones instead of the reading ones… the doing ones are much funner".

My daughter said: "I like the way they made it fun. There are a LOT of new stuff to learn".

My son enjoyed the section on the Vikings we did. There were some reading about Vikings, Printables, Questions you needed to answer and the Quiz at the end.  He specially enjoyed the words underlined and in blue - it has a hyperlink to either a definition of the word or how to pronounce it. He would read the section out loud and then click on the word to hear the voice repeating it... he got miles of entertainment out of that one!!

My daughter enjoyed how it gave suggestions for books to go and get from the library and do research on specific topics.

Parents can track the kids progress and even have a look at the next lessons without it affecting the kids work. The kids also have acces to three different grade levels of work. So, if something is too hard at the time, they can do the lower level and of course if they fly through something else, they can go up a level.

Honestly there is so much to say and learn about this product that I cannot do it justice here. Please go and visit the site. There sitemap is HERE so you can have a quick look at all the different sections there are and then you can visit the ones most relevant to you and your child/ren.

You can also visit the Q&A page HERE.

When our subscription came to an end.... well, the disappointment when my kids could not log on!!!

"MUUUUUMMMMM!!!!! I can't get onto Time4Learning!!!!!"..... WHAT???!!!!  (read Mum panicking).

When I told Dad that afternoon (now admittedly with him running his business he's not always aware of exactly what we do in all subjects, but that morning he was standing with our son while he was on Time4Learing and commented on how funny and clever it was) that our subscription came to an end, he responded with, "Is it the one Aaron was doing this morning? Oh no! We should sign up then".

Well, I'm sure my kids will be most disappointed..... NOT!!

We are negotiating about how we will continue.....

At the time of writing this review the subscription costs were $19.95 per month for the first child registered and then $14.95 per month for additional children. This may or may not be in everyone's budget, but I do suggest you check out the website before making a decision based only on price.

Hope you have fun learning about Time4Learning!

Maybe you can even tell me your opinion about it later on : )

Blessings,

1 comment:

Michelle Smith said...

I really like how you included the enthusiasm your children expressed in playing and learning with this program. Lots of good details about this program. :)