Monday, July 18, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 1



OK, so it's technically Monday morning 00:30am here in NZ and I should be in bed sleeping, however, I want to get this post done. (otherwise I won't)

So last week I confessed to wanting to lose 10kg (22 pounds) because I don't want to die of a heart attack (due to my genetically high cholesterol).

So my goal is to lose 10kg / 22 pounds

Week 1 - how it went:

So I have no idea of how much I weigh right now because I did not weigh myself. Why not? Well, one, because I don't have a working scale in my house, and two, I had no motivation to weigh myself and feel depressed. All 3 kids have been sick and is still recovering, so I thought it wise to stay away from anything else that could be a challenge ;)

HOWEVER, I triumphed here:

I resisted the urge to consume a large slab of chocolate (I had only 4 pieces),
Drank more water,
Did not 'snack' on junky stuff,
Exercised twice (which is twice more than the week before).

My goals for next week:

Exercise 3 times this week (for at least 20min each)
Weigh and measure myself
Drink water instead of coffee / tea
Set up a healthy eating plan
Get more sleep (as I've learned that less sleep slows down your metabolism which makes it harder to lose weight!!)

Now, off to bed with me.

Blessings,

zzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

April said...

Elizabeth, I know what you mean about getting on the scale. That's why I didn't this week either. Yay for exercise and not eating junky stuff - I know with kids, especially sick ones, quick and easy snacks are easy to grab! Thanks for linking up!

April