Monday, August 1, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 3



A couple of weeks ago I decided to join my cyber friend April @ Heartfelt Homeschooling for her Slim Down Sunday Meme. 


My goals are to lose 10kg (22 pounds) and to eat better, sleep better and be more healthy. My father died of his 3rd heart attack at the age of 52 and I have genetically high cholesterol. I am nearly 40 and don't want to leave this planet prematurely!! 


Since my decision to do this seriously (not because though!!) I've been sick. The universe knows!! But I will continue... cough, cough,  with my quest... big breath... to lose this weight and be more healthy!!

So, 2 weeks with the FLU and I'm still recovering!! but although I AM recovering from the FLU, I have a secondary sinus infection and bronchitis!  YAY. I'm on antibiotics, but the dr informed me that I WILL be tired like this for a LONG time. So, any and all exercise is completely out at the moment. I get tired from thinking about taking a shower.

The upshot of this is that due to my severe lack of appetite, I've lost nearly 3kgs!!!  Maybe not the best way to drop the weight, but hey.

So my plan for this week (with my appetite slowly returning) is to eat sensibly. Get my plan sorted (I've just been too tired to think) and continue to engage in a good sleeping pattern. (which for me is going to bed by 11pm NOT 1am!)

Now, to keep this weight down that I've lost :)

Blessings,

3 comments:

~Jamie~ said...

I agree, not a nice way to loose the weight. :( Sorry you have been so sick! Hopefully you will be on the mend soon! Good luck!

April said...

Hi Elizabeth, Bless your heart! Sending good thoughts for a recovery this week. While this isn't the way you would want to do it, being ill does help with getting more sleep and adjusting your diet to eating less. 3Kg is a lot of weight lost - it's already almost 1/3 of your goal! Get better soon! April

Elizabeth said...

Hi April, Thanks for the encouragement! - I did not even think about being 1/3 to my goal nearly!! My brain is not working right now : )

Blessings,