Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where have I been?

You could be forgiven for thinking I've dropped off the planet.....

It's been a while since my last post - even longer since I've posted about something else than the 'Slim Down Sunday' (which I'm failing dismally at right now)  :(

So why have I been so very absent?

It all started with ... The FLU, colds, coughing, snot ... I mean mucus... and more coughing etc....


First it was the kids - all 3 of them unwell in the same week!! It happened to be the last week of term so we did a bit of work (School in bed for the older 2) but poor kiddies were not well at all.

The math: 3 sick kids (10, 8, 5months) = no time for hanging out in cyber space.

Trying to be optimistic though, I thought to myself that during the two week break between terms I will get 'up to date' with writing and posting and I will take 2 -3 days and do fabulous planning for term 3 and be super organized and start the new term off with a bang!

Oh, the best laid plans .... just as the kids returned to better health I was attacked by the most amazing FLU virus! I was defenseless... I couldn't beam it out of my body, I did not have a StarTrek tricorder thingy to get rid of it... no, it was like the BORG, resistance was futile... (yes I liked StarTrek) ... I slept for a week! No, I'm not kidding, I'm not exaggerating. I slept for the best part of a week. I did wake up to have a shower and then crash again. You would think with all the sleeping I did I'd heal well...mmmm...so I thought too, but week 2 of the holidays rolled around and the books (which I took out to do my amazing planning) still sat in the same place mocking me! So I slept some more. It's been 4 weeks before I started feeling well enough to do more than make breakfast (read take cereal out of the tub and pour it into a bowl). I did not even want chocolate!!!

The math: 3 weeks of FLU attack, bronchitis and sinus infection = no desire or ability to hang out in cyber space (or anywhere else for that matter!)

The second reason for my absence is because I've lost my brain.... with being unwell and so tired I have misplaced my brain! I even locked myself out of the house (I've NEVER done that before!)



The math: no brain.... what are we talking about?

Reason 3

Immigration ... need I say more?

I've been dealing with immigration stuff for my mother for the last couple of years and it is time consuming amongst other emotions. Last Wednesday was back to the lawyers for the second to last visit. Papers are handed in .... phew!

The math: immigration applications + letters + statutory declarations + ... = cyber what? where do you need me to sign?

So as you can see I haven't just been slack or lazy, but was a bit 'busy'. : )

... but I'm back!

Blessings,


3 comments:

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I'm sorry that everyone has been so sick! I hope it stays away now, and that your dealings with immigration are finished now,and that your brain has returned home. :)

I'm stopping by from the crew blog hop to say hello.
-Catherine

Jennifer said...

and back just in time for the blog hop! Thanks for joining.

Lori said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry you all were so sick! With that and everything else I can CERTAINLY see why the down time...yeah you were just a "bit" busy! Well, I am a new follower who found you through the hop and wanted to say hello.

~Lori