Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am thankful for ... Day 2


Today is November, 2nd. The second day of the Gratitude Challenge that I'm doing with Brenda from Garden of Learning.

Do join us if you can and let us celebrate the many things there are to be thankful for. 

So, today I am thankful for ...





God's written word. 

I am especially thankful for the fact that I live in a country where I can freely, without fear of persecution, worship God and buy a Bible. In our house we have at least 6 Bibles and they are all different translations! 




How precious is the Word of God!

Sometimes I (we) don't appreciate what we have at all.

My husband is on the board of the 'Bibles In Action NZ' and some time ago I heard the story of how some remote villages have to share a Bible - where people will get up way before dawn to use the Bible during their church service, then one person will run with the only Bible to the next village so they can have their church service using a Bible and then someone from that village will run to the next and so forth! 

No, we don't appreciate the fact that we have a complete, printed copy of the Bible!

I pray for us who do have this privilege, that we will truly be thankful for it.

Blessings,

2 comments:

KentuckyGal said...

New follower from 2011 Gratitude Challenge. I only started today, but always feel better when I am grateful for the blessings that I have.

Feel free to visit my blog, Back Porchervations, any time! :O)

Wendy R said...

Yes, very thankful for God's word, and for also living in a country in which we have the freedom to read His word, and worship Him.

Just stopping by via the gratitude challenge, and the Crew, and following you now. I'd be glad for you to come follow mine! :-)