Sunday, November 6, 2011

I am thankful for ... Day 6



Today I am thankful for God's protection.

Our daughter turned 11 yesterday! For her birthday we took the family on a 2hour horse trek which started off with great excitement.

In the last ten minutes (on the home stretch!) my horse got spooked by a loud, unexpected noise on the beach and took off on a full gallop. This cause the horse our son (8) was on to take off too. None of us are experienced riders - this was my 2nd time riding and the first time for the kids! -

I came off the horse on a bend, but my son amazingly held on. When he realized that I was not on my horse anymore ... he JUMPED off his horse to come and see if his mummy was ok! What amazing courage. In the process he nearly got stood on by the horse. I watched helplessly while he disappeared on his horse in full gallop, accompanied by my and another horse (without its rider!) around another bend prior to jumping.

I am SO thankful for LIFE and God's protection on our family today!

4 comments:

Kimberly Kovach said...

Yikes, Elizabeth. Glad you all are okay. How precious that your son jumped to help you.

Julie said...

My goodness, I would have been scared out of my wits! Definitely something to be very thankful for!

Very Blessed Mamma said...

That is so amazing! God is so great! Glad you are all OK.

My Own Sense and Sensibility said...

Oh my! Brings a whole new meaning to Dwelling in the secret place of the Most High (Ps 91) today. So thankful you guys are safe and sound.